Metal roofs have been around for many years and can last for decades. Some metal roofs have been around one hundred years. When it comes time for a homeowner to decide on a new roof, metal needs to be a consideration. A metal roof is more durable than many homeowners realize, which is why it is such a prime choice for a home. This guide is meant to offer some of the reasons why homeowners are choosing metal roofs for their homes.
Reasons Homeowners are Choosing Metal Roofs
Multiple reasons cause homeowners to choose metal roofing for their homes. Homeowners who are facing the need for roof replacement should consider the reasons for installing a metal roof so they can protect their homes from extreme weather. The following are some of the top reasons homeowners are making the switch to metal roofing asheville NC.
- Durability is one of the top reasons homeowners choose metal roofs. These roofs remain strong in all types of weather and can last up to 60 years or more with proper care.
- Unlike some roof types, there is not a lot of maintenance with a metal roof. A metal roof that has been installed properly needs virtually zero maintenance. Metal roofs do not absorb water, making them much less likely to become damaged.
- Metal roofing is also much more energy-efficient than other options. Because of the reflective nature of metal roofs, they can stay up to one hundred degrees cooler than other types, keeping a home much more comfortable and reducing the costs of cooling in the summer months.
- Homeowners are often surprised to learn metal roofs are also eco-friendly. Every aspect of a metal roof can be recycled and made into new roofs or other products. In addition, metal roofs last much longer, so there is less production of materials involved, making a metal roof one of the best choices for the environment.
- Another reason so many homeowners are choosing metal roofs is that they are available in a wide array of colours and styles. Metal roofs can be painted in hundreds of colours, and they can also be coated to make them look like other types of roofing materials, including shingles.
- When homeowners have a metal roof installed, it helps to increase the resale value of their home. Even if a homeowner does not plan on selling their home in the near future, increasing the value of their home is important.
- Metal roofing also offers a sound return on investment. Yes, metal roofing is initially more expensive than some other types. In the long run, it pays for itself with energy savings, lack of upkeep, and longevity.
Discover More Information Today
Those who are interested in replacing their old roof with a metal one should contact a roofing contractor today. A roofing contractor will offer homeowners information on metal roofing and give them options. Learning about the options is essential for helping homeowners make the best choice for their roofing needs. Call today to discover how a metal roof can transform your home.